Education and Classes
Phillip Island Ambassadors Program
Course Enrolment Policy
Enrolments can be made in a variety of ways:
In-person at Reception at 56-58 Church Street, Cowes during Office Hours.
Phone - Pay over the phone with a credit card by calling PH: 5952 1131 during Office Hours.
Online bookings - for any of our classes and courses that have a TryBooking link, you can follow the booking process to complete your registration and payment online.
All classes have limited numbers so it is a first paid, first in process.
All classes have a waiting list in place.
No booking is confirmed until payment is received.
Payments are required 5 working days prior to the commencement date of confirmed courses.
Cancellation with at least 72 hours notice will receive a full refund.
Cancellation with less than 72 hours refund may not receive a refund unless a waiting list booking can fill your spot.
Children are welcome to participate in classes, provided they are fully supervised by an accompanying parent or adult.
PICAL reserves the right to cancel a course if class numbers are not reached.
If a course is canceled for any reason by PICAL then a full refund will be made to all enrolled students who have paid.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund once a course has been confirmed, or when the class has started unless a substitute learner can take your place. You can nominate another learner to take your place.
1. Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre Inc. respects your privacy and is committed to complying with it’s obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 in the way it collects, uses and discloses personal information.
2. Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre Inc. including any associated programs and activities conducted from PICAL, collects personal information for the purpose of accepting, processing and registering your membership, enrolment(s) in adult education; for delivering welfare services; and/or to provide you with the appropriate newsletters and other information from time to time if you have indicated you wish to be kept informed of PICAL updates.
3. We may however need to share your personal course enrolment information with the State Government Adult, Community and Further Education Board; and the Department for Education and Training.
4. If you seek our assistance in referrals to other social welfare support services, we may also need to share your personal details with these other agencies and services, but this will only be done with your knowledge and agreement.
5. The personal information provided is understood to be willingly provided and you consent to our using and disclosing your personal information for the above purposes. However, we do de-identify and analyse statistical data for designing programs, reporting and demographic purposes.
6. We will not disclose your personal information to any other person unless it is required or authorised by law.
7. If you do not wish to provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to accept or process your application(s) for any of our services.