WORKPLACE TRAINING, ADULT EDUCATION & LEISURE & LIFESTYLE OPTIONS
PICAL offers a wide variety of courses to get you ready for work or on a pathway to further study.
Some of our courses are subsidised by Learn Local funding making them great value for money. PICAL members receive discounts on many of our Leisure & Lifestyle classes such as creative writing, crotchet and macrame. If you are experiencing financial hardship talk to us about concession rates and payment plans.
In addition to the PICAL courses, outside groups and workshops often hire PICAL rooms which provide more opportunities for you to learn and explore. These are often shared on our Facebook Page or listed on our calendar.
Term 4 2020 Course Guide can be downloaded here.
Classes can be booked online through our TryBooking Events Page or drop into PICAL reception between 9am -3pm
New Learn Local Course Starting Term 4!
The course provides a safe entry point for adults to learn everyday skills to live, learn and work in a digital world.
The course content is flexible and includes:
Download digital content from the library
Participate in Zoom catch-ups
Support home schooling.
You will learn how to:
Set up your devices
Connect to Bluetooth and Wifi
Set up online accounts
Navigate safely online.
To register head to www.trybooking.com/654317
Enrolments can be made via a variety of ways:
In-person at Reception at 56-58 Church Street, Cowes during Office Hours
Phone - Call Reception to register your interest on 5952 1131 during Office Hours
Online bookings - for any of our classes and courses that have a TryBooking link, you can follow the booking process to complete your registration and payment online.
All classes have limited numbers so it is a first paid, first in process.
All classes have a waiting list in place.
No booking is confirmed until payment is received.
Payments are required 5 working days prior to the commencement date of confirmed courses.
Cancellation with at least 72 hours notice will receive a full refund.
Cancellation with less than 72 hours refund may not receive a refund unless a waiting list booking can fill your spot.
Children are welcome to participate in classes, provided they are fully supervised by an accompanying parent or adult.
PICAL reserves the right to cancel a course if class numbers are not reached.
If a course is canceled for any reason by PICAL then a full refund will be made to all enrolled students who have paid.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund once a course has been confirmed, or when the class has started unless a substitute learner can take your place. You can nominate another learner to take your place.
1. Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre Inc. respects your privacy and is committed to complying with it’s obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 in the way it collects, uses and discloses personal information.
2. Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre Inc. including any associated programs and activities conducted from PICAL, collects personal information for the purpose of accepting, processing and registering your membership, enrolment(s) in adult education; for delivering welfare services; and/or to provide you with the appropriate newsletters and other information from time to time if you have indicated you wish to be kept informed of PICAL updates.
3. We may however need to share your personal course enrolment information with the State Government Adult, Community and Further Education Board; and the Department for Education and Training.
4. If you seek our assistance in referrals to other social welfare support services, we may also need to share your personal details with these other agencies and services, but this will only be done with your knowledge and agreement.
5. The personal information provided is understood to be willingly provided and you consent to our using and disclosing your personal information for the above purposes. However, we do de-identify and analyse statistical data for designing programs, reporting and demographic purposes.
6. We will not disclose your personal information to any other person unless it is required or authorised by law.
7. If you do not wish to provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to accept or process your application(s) for any of our services.
PHILLIP ISLAND AMBASSADORS
Prepare yourself for local employment by completing the Phillip Island Ambassadors program. This unique online training platform designed by Destination Phillip Island (DPI), equips you with local knowledge to share and promote Phillip Island and San Remo to the many tourists that visit us each year. Successful completion of the program awards you with an Island Ambassador
lapel pin and a certificate to add to your CV plus the opportunity to attend DPI graduation events. Phillip Island Ambassadors are highly valued by local employers.
Email us to get registered and start your training now!