PICAL Annual General Meeting
Updated March 8, 2022
The PICAL Committee of Management are pleased to announce that the 2022 Annual General Meeting (reflecting on the 2021 year of operations, and including the election of a new Committee for 2022) will be held in- person at PICAL under COVID-safe conditions, and via ZOOM for anyone wishing to join the AGM remotely.
We welcome all interested members of the community to attend and learn about our work over the past twelve months, and our exciting future. Members of PICAL are eligible to vote and/ or nominate for a position in a total of eleven Committee roles, including four office bearer positions.
Please contact PICAL Centre Manager Greg Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org for a Committee Nomination Form / Proxy Vote Form / RSVP.
• Non-Members are not eligible to vote, but are welcome to join the AGM.
• Once registered to attend, PICAL will provide all RSVPs with a Zoom link one week prior to the AGM, for those wishing to join remotely.
• The PICAL 2021 Annual Report will be made available before the AGM to all RSVPs and for members who cannot attend the AGM but who wish to provide an apology and allocate their Proxy Vote to another member.
• The PICAL 2021 Annual Report will be published after the AGM on our website www. pical.org.au and Facebook Page facebook. com/picalphillipisland.
• Committee Nominations and Proxy Votes close one week prior to the AGM, by close of business on Thursday 24th March 2022.
RSVP by Thursday 24th March 2022 to email@example.com
Updated January 27, 2022
Women Connect Changed Operations
Hello women friends,
Most of you are probably aware that “Women Connect”, as an essential part of Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL), will be part of the big move later this year to our new premises in Warley Avenue, Cowes.
At this stage, we are not sure what shape or form Women Connect will operate under once we've moved but until then, due to the spread of Covid-19 throughout our community plus a range of other changing circumstances, Women Connect will be in a slightly different way for the time being.
Women Connect is open for friendly connection with other women, or work at our free computer stations (and some other traditional services) on the following days and times:
Mondays and Wednesdays 10 am-1 pm. (Friendly volunteers available to assist)
“Tech Fixit Club” with Ajanta is operating in conjunction with Women Connect
(Device & computer solutions, downloading vax certificates, myGov, Service Victoria, Medicare, Emails, Updating booster shots, etc) on:
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am-2 pm
During these Tech Fixit Club times, women can still access our Women Connect room for quiet self-guided computer work
Bookings through PICAL reception
There will be a host of changes affecting PICAL this year, so in preparation we are trying to review and consolidate all of our operating arrangements, including the merging of several different websites and Facebook pages under the single www.pical.org.au website and under our main www.facebook.com/picalphillipisland/ Facebook page. For further information on all PICAL programs, including Women Connect, from now on please check out these PICAL online portals.
Thanks for your patience and continued support.