Education and Classes
PICAL offers a wide variety of courses to get you ready for work or on a pathway to further study. Some of our courses are subsidised by Learn Local funding making them great value for money.
In addition to the PICAL courses, outside groups and workshops often hire PICAL rooms which provide more opportunities for you to learn and explore. These are often shared on our Facebook page.
If you are experiencing financial hardship talk to us about concession rates and payment plans.
Classes can be booked online through our TryBooking Events Page, over the phone T. 5952 1131 or drop into PICAL reception between 9am -3pm.
RSA / Food Safety Online Training
Responsible Service of Alcohol and Food Safety Level 1 can be delivered online any time through our partners CFT International (RTO 21120). CFT is one of only 2 recognised RTO providers approved by the VCGLR to deliver RSA online. Use the links below to sign-up.
Register to complete your RSA online course HERE
Register to complete your FSH Level 1 - Hospitality & Retail online course HERE
Register to complete your FSH Level 1 - Community & Health Services online course HERE
If you would prefer face-to-face delivery please contact reception to register your interest.
Phillip Island Ambassadors Program
Prepare yourself for local employment by completing the Phillip Island Ambassadors program. This unique online training platform designed by Destination Phillip Island (DPI), equips you with local knowledge to share and promote Phillip Island and San Remo to the many tourists that visit us each year. Successful completion of the program awards you with an Island Ambassador lapel pin and a certificate to add to your CV plus the opportunity to attend DPI graduation events. Phillip Island Ambassadors are highly valued by local employers.
Email us to get registered and start your training now!
Course Enrolment Policy
Enrolments can be made in a variety of ways:
In-person at Reception at 16 Warley Ave, Cowes during Office Hours.
Phone - Pay over the phone with a credit card by calling PH: 5952 1131 during Office Hours.
Online bookings - for any of our classes and courses that have a TryBooking link, you can follow the booking process to complete your registration and payment online.
All classes have limited numbers so it is a first paid, first in process
All classes have a waiting list in place
No booking is confirmed until payment is received
Cancellation with at least 72 hours notice will receive a full refund
Cancellation with less than 72 hours refund may not receive a refund unless a waiting list booking can fill your spot.
Children are welcome to participate in classes, provided they are fully supervised by an accompanying parent or adult.
PICAL reserves the right to cancel a course if class numbers are not reached
If a course is canceled for any reason by PICAL then a full refund will be made to all enrolled students who have paid.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund once a course has been confirmed, or when the class has started unless a substitute learner can take your place. You can nominate another learner to take your place.
1. Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre Inc. respects your privacy and is committed to complying with it’s obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 in the way it collects, uses and discloses personal information.
2. Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre Inc. including any associated programs and activities conducted from PICAL, collects personal information for the purpose of accepting, processing and registering your membership, enrolment(s) in adult education; for delivering welfare services; and/or to provide you with the appropriate newsletters and other information from time to time if you have indicated you wish to be kept informed of PICAL updates.
3. We may however need to share your personal course enrolment information with the State Government Adult, Community and Further Education Board; and the Department for Education and Training.
4. If you seek our assistance in referrals to other social welfare support services, we may also need to share your personal details with these other agencies and services, but this will only be done with your knowledge and agreement.
5. The personal information provided is understood to be willingly provided and you consent to our using and disclosing your personal information for the above purposes. However, we do de-identify and analyse statistical data for designing programs, reporting and demographic purposes.
6. We will not disclose your personal information to any other person unless it is required or authorised by law.
7. If you do not wish to provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to accept or process your application(s) for any of our services.